4 whole chicken breasts (8 halves)
3 (7 oz.) cans tomato paste
8 cans water
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 (8 oz.) can mushrooms, stems and pieces
Salt and pepper
6 oz. wine
1. Put oil in bottom of pan to cover.
2. Brown garlic and slice 2 onions very thin and brown.
3. Add mushrooms.
4. Add 3 cans tomato paste and cook on low for 15 minutes.
5. Add 8 cans water, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley.
6. Cook for 3/4 hour.
7. Fry sliced peppers until soft and set aside.
8. Brown chicken (coat first with flour, salt, and pepper), then fry in hot oil.
9. Put chicken, peppers, sauce, and mushrooms in a large pan and mix well. If it “hugs” chicken too much, add 1 can water.
10. Cook about another hour, or so, or until chicken is soft.
11. Add wine last 20 minutes.
Yields: 5-6 servings